We offer an extensive range of services including consultancy, training, workshops and even fun and exciting motorised tours.
I’m currently working on a new tour to celebrate the author, Jane Austen. During ‘Jane Austen’s Sussex Tours’ you will experience the places in Brighton and Worthing she wrote about, visited and lived in – during her stay in Sussex at the end of 1805. More details to follow soon.
One of our new tours is ‘ 50 Gems of Sussex’, all mentioned in my latest book of the same title, featuring interesting places in Sussex that everyone should visit.
We provide a broad range of historical consultancy services and can tailor our services to your requirements. Some of these include the following:
- Educational TV & theatre conceptualisation/scripts
- Exhibition creation & support
- Museum theme conceptualisation & support
- Learning resources, textbooks & history books
- Key Stages 1-5 History consultancy
- Educational learning & play area consultancy
We offer a range of interesting and engaging talks and tours on various subjects.
- Stone Age to Iron Age
- Romans / Saxons / Normans
- Middle Ages
- Black Death Sussex
- Tudors / Tudor Architecture
- Architecture through time
- Civil War Sussex
- Georgian Sussex
- Victorian Sussex
- Sussex and Warfare
- Warfare over time
- Crime and Punishment
- WW1 and WW2
- Battle of Britain
- Spitfire or Hurricane?
- Cold War
- Lost rivers and Coastline of Sussex
- Lost Sussex / Hidden Sussex
- Spooky Sussex
- Sussex food / Sussex names / Sussex words
- The war in Iraq
- Who would have been the first British Nazi PM
- The Historiography of the Holocaust
- Fascist Worthing
- Sussex and air warfare
- Sussex, smugglers and shipwrecks
- Elections past and present
The range of CPD workshops we can offer to schools includes:
- Consultancy and advice at implement the new KS1-5 History
- Teaching History for the non-specialist: An introduction
- Making History entertaining
- KS3 and GCSE Citizenship – why make these prominent in your curriculum
- Community and Voluntary Education
- Parent-Student Success sessions – why should you run them?
- Raising option numbers at KS4
- Writing Historical Fiction
- Enrichment and outdoor education: planning and implementing successful trips
- Help with assemblies
- Student leadership and engagement
- Why have a Head Girl & Boy Team at your school?
- Student organised events
- OCR GCSE History – Understanding the new sources paper
- Maximising tutor times
- Using historical sources and artefacts successfully
- Why does the history of your school mean something? Lessons from the past.
- Traffic-Light Targetting: how to differentiate and provide ways students can communicate how much progress they’re making
- Chronological Classrooms: how seating makes a difference
- Using GCSE grades from Year 7: an easy way to replace KS3 levels
- And now for something completely different…. – Offering things no other school does
- History hooks and creative teaching methods
- Unforgettable ways of remembering
Weddings in the Past
- Want help researching historical venues for your big day?
- Entertainment for visiting family?
- Would you like a theme for your wedding or a talking point to do with the past of your family?
- Want support from people with expert knowledge of local history & historic venues?
- Would you like a unique history vehicle for your big day?
- Childrens’ entertainment?
- Want to know more about the past of the venue you’re getting married in?
- Need a building, street, place or building linked to your past to get married in?
- Want to know more about where wedding traditions come from?